November 03, 2006

From My Mom's Kitchen

I was blog-hopping while I found this really nice stuff at
Chai Pani

Sure, noone can beat the way moms cook and ask anyone, the world's best food is the one prepared by their mother..

Maybe its the love, maybe its the experience, maybe its the patience..watever it is, to me my mommy's food is the best...

Some things that I absolutely love from my mom's kitchen

1. Cocoa cake and Ashoka halwa(The one that goes mmm...mmmm)
2. Kozhukattai ( the sweet ones are my favourites)
3. Sambar sadham (suda suda with jevarisi vadaam)
4. Soji appam
5. Thattai ( It just melts away !!)
6. Rava dosai and coriander chutney (Very crispy, she says crispiness comes by experience..)
7. Vethakuzhambu
8. Roti and sabji with cauliflower,carrot,potato,brinjal and tomato
9. Chakara pongal
10. Vella seedai ( All her seedais will be of the same shape & size...patience uh)
11. Thayir vadai
12. Thachi mamam....with kadugu, inji,mulaga etc !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amma's cooking is always the best.. reminds me of good old days

Anonymous said...

I would like to add that ones wife also is worlds best cook.